Bus Tips on Using the Service
The Campus Bus Service provides basic transportation on campus for the Indiana University community and Bloomington residents. The system operates as a fixed-route, scheduled service which is based on class times. Service is scheduled to have the maximum number of buses on campus during class times.
How to Ride the Bus:
• Wait at designated bus stops only. For your safety buses may only board or alight passengers at designated stops. Since other persons may be waiting for a different bus please be attentive for your bus.
• Board at the front door only.
• Do not stand forward of the white line in the front of the bus. This is a federal safety regulation to allow the bus driver a clear field of vision.
• Move to the rear of the bus after boarding, so that as many as possible may board the bus.
• Pull the stop request cord to signal the driver that you would like to exit at the next stop.
• Exit at the rear door. This will expedite the boarding of passengers.
• Do not cross in front of the bus after exiting. Wait until the bus has pulled away from the bus stop and you have a clear field of vision in both directions before crossing the street.
On days of inclement weather, generally, buses will be overcrowded. Plan to leave early on those days and expect a longer trip. When boarding a crowded bus, standees should move to the rear of the bus to allow additional passengers to board.
Laws require that no passengers stand in front of the line marked on the floor of the bus to ensure that the driver has a clear view and to protect passengers in the case of a sudden stop.
Comments or Complaints about your Service
We value feedback from our riders and the community we serve. Please call Campus Bus at 855-8384 or email: email@example.com. If your complaint or commendation is about a particular incident, please give as much information as possible and applicable, including the bus route, the three-digit bus number, the location, and the time of day. Your information will be kept confidential.